Benefits of Electronic Traffic Records Information Processing (ETRIP) to the Washington State Department of Licensing (DOL)
- Ticket and collision data is received faster and drivers’ records are updated automatically:
- Driver sanctions begin sooner which aids our commitment to public safety.
- Records used by insurance companies are up to date and accurate.
- Commercial driver license offenses are on record within 10 days as required by federal regulations.
- Using barcode technology to scan driver licenses and vehicle registrations improves data quality and eliminates manual data entry:
- Eliminating manual data entry has reduced the data entry error rate from 10% to 3%.
- Reducing manual data entry substantially reduces DOL’s paper-based data collection systems that can lead to inefficiencies, errors, and excessive costs.
- Reduction in manual data entry allows staff to be reassigned to other workloads.